If you’re reading this, it means you’re preparing for your carpet installation, congratulations! Welcome to The Carpet Guys family.
Now that you have selected the perfect flooring for your home, it’s time to learn what you can do to prepare for the installation. To make it easy, we made a checklist you can use. You saw this document during your free estimate. We have it here just in case you need a refresher.
Let’s get started.
1. ) Our carpet installation times run between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but hours of arrival may vary due to situations like bad traffic or weather. Also, the time it takes to complete your installation may take more than one day depending on its size. Keep this in mind when you set up your installation date.
2.) Our installers are happy to move your heavy furniture, but there are a couple of things that you will have to move on your own before they arrive. These items include the following:
- Small objects and breakables
- Weight sets
- Pool tables
Also, please make sure that any wires, gas lines, and water lines have been disconnected. Those will require a professional for reconnection when the flooring is complete. Bedding and closet floors must be emptied as well.
3.) Make sure to tell your design consultant and installers if you have any wiring, burglar alarms, or heat components underneath your existing flooring. It’s your responsibility to make sure we know this information so we can properly accommodate the floor’s needs.
4.) We can use your existing tack strips if you currently have wall-to-wall carpeting installed. If they need to be replaced, we will replace them at no additional charge. If you decided to rip up your old carpeting, please make sure that all the staples have been removed.
5. ) Please make sure that the power is on in the home we will be working in. We cannot do the installation without electricity. Also, please maintain the home at 70 degrees for three days prior to your installation for proper acclimation and optimum installation conditions. If the room is too cold, the glue will not cure and the carpet backing is too hard to bend, causing walls to be scratched unnecessarily.
What we will do for you
We want to make sure all of your valuables are safe. So please make sure to adhere to all of your Design Consultants’ pre-install requests.
Once all the small stuff is out, we can take care of the big stuff. When our installers arrive at your home, they will do the following:
- Our installers will move out your heavy furniture including entertainment centers, couches, and chairs.
- After the furniture is cleared out, they will remove the old flooring, roll it up and place it outside by the curb or haul it away if that was agreed upon in your contract.
- After the carpet install is done, the furniture will be placed back into the room for you.
With your help, the installation will go by quickly so you can enjoy your beautiful new floors.
The Perfect Installation with The Carpet Guys
No matter where you go, service from The Carpet Guys will always be the best you’ll find. It’s easy to stand out above the box stores and national chains in one big way; we truly care.
Knowing what it takes to install carpet and flooring correctly allows us the ability to guarantee you will be satisfied with your services. We even provide a Lifetime Installation Warranty because we are so confident in our teams.
Give us a call to get your free estimate scheduled at 855-4-MY-GUYS (855-469-4897). You can also fill out the free in-home estimate form and we will call you. We aim to make flooring uncomplicated, so getting your estimate is easier than ever.
Make flooring simple with The Carpet Guys today.