To tip or not to tip your carpet installer. A question homeowners wonder about so often when having flooring installed. So, how do you know what is “proper etiquette” when it comes to tipping your flooring installer?
You do not have to tip your carpet installers, but they truly appreciate it when they do get tipped. Majority of them are contractors and their fees are built into their prices. And then, there are installers who work on a flat hourly rate each time they take on a job.
Regardless, if you feel the installers have done a great job and gone above and beyond, it’s up to you. You can give them a tip, or reward them with refreshments and snacks.
At The Carpet Guys, our flooring installers/contractors work very hard in providing excellent, detail oriented work. They install, inspect, and deliver their best carpet installations each and every time. Their job consists of:
- Moving furniture out of rooms (regardless of bulk or how heavy it is)
- Tearing out old carpeting and pad, bundling it up neatly, and placing it outside to await trash removal.
- Prepping the floor before proceeding with carpet installation.
- Once carpet is installed, the installer does a walk-through, making sure the job is completed perfectly.
- After the inspection, the room(s) is cleared of all fragments and the furniture is put back.
With all that said, and keep in mind, efficiency isn’t in how long it takes to do the project, but how well it is completed. Our installers are productive and always take extra measures to assure accuracy.
Coming back to whether or not to tip. The Carpet Guys want you to know, these individuals work very hard. They are constantly and consistently engaging in strenuous work. What they do isn’t easy, but they do it so well and always with pride.
Anytime great service is provided, there is nothing wrong with rewarding that individual. Especially when they have labored extensively in providing you with excellent service. It’s always much appreciated and it makes them feel good about what they do.