This is step two: Measuring Your Space. In this series, we break down each step so you can see how we do flooring installation better than anyone else. Ready to buy new flooring? The Carpet Guys have an easy ten-step process that will save you money “Ten Easy Steps to New Flooring”. We will show you how having your flooring replaced can be the catalyst for a beautiful new space.
What to Expect When Buying New Flooring
First, you will answer a few questions. Then, we will set up your appointment for your Design Consultant to come to your home (check out “What to Expect When Buying New Flooring; Step 1”). The Designer will bring in samples of flooring for you to review. You get to see large samples (not the swatch pieces from big box stores). Compare them in your lighting, next to your furniture, so you can decide which one you like the best. Some things to be aware of when picking out which flooring to go with:
- Design Consultants know our products and they will recommend which flooring will be best for your lifestyle. For example, they will upgrade to the moisture and odor barrier pad if you have pets or small children. Or if you are having luxury vinyl plank put in, they will want to upgrade you to the waterproof one if it’s going in a bathroom, laundry room, or kitchen.
- If you choose a flooring that is not in stock, it will take time to order the new flooring and receive it in our warehouse. If you want a next day installation, you will want to pick out something that we carry. With over 43,000 square feet of warehouse space, we have plenty to choose from!
Measuring Your Space
When you have chosen your new flooring our Design Consultant will measure your space. First, they use a laser measuring tool to get the most accurate details of your space. Then, those measurements are uploaded to an iPad that holds one of the most advanced layout tools in the business. Efficiently, the layout tool will place seams and the direction of the flooring for installation that will best suit the room. It also eliminates waste to help save the environment and to save you money. If you’re looking for more information on how to calculate your square footage, check out this blog “How to Measure a Room for New Floors”.
You Get the Whole Package
Lastly, our Design Consultant will get you the best price for all that we offer:
- Free In-Home Estimate
- Free space measurements
- Free Furniture Moving
- Free Haul Away of your old flooring
- Installation of eco-friendly and name brand products
- Lifetime Installation Warranty
Your personal Design Consultant who uses the most accurate tools to measure your space is just another reason to choose The Carpet Guys as your flooring experts. Contact The Carpet Guys if you’re interested in having new flooring installed at 855-4-MY-GUYS (855-469-4897), or fill out our Free In-Home Estimate form.