What is Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
For years, engineered hardwood flooring has been viewed as more stable and sturdy than natural wood flooring. Not all floors are created equal, but engineered hardwood has definitely made its mark in the flooring industry. These flooring products are versatile and strong. Unlike natural hardwood, engineered wood is composed of a plywood core with a layer of hardwood veneer placed on top.
Due to the way it's made, installing engineered hardwood flooring has many benefits including:
- Engineered wood offers a stronger resistance to moisture and heat issues. This means that it can be installed in different areas of the home. These products are less likely to buckle, gap, or experience other issues in your more humid areas.
- This type of hardwood can be installed in areas solid hardwood flooring can't be, making it possible to have wood flooring in your basements and upper levels of your home.
- Engineered products offer an enhanced stability and stronger performance. It will resist wear and tear more effectively than other hard surface flooring.
- We do not recommend to resurface engineered hardwood so this bullet should be removed.
While there are many benefits to this type of hardwood, there are a few things you should keep in mind, most of which is installation.
- Engineered hardwood flooring prices will depend on the quality and species of the product you choose.
- The more exotic types of wood may be costlier than domestic choices like maple or oak.
- Installing engineered hardwood flooring is one of the most challenging floor installations to complete.
- In most circumstances a professional flooring company is best at handling the installation.
How to Install Engineered Hardwood Flooring the Easy Way
Booking a free flooring estimate is the easiest way to get new wood floors in your home. For all your wood flooring needs, The Carpet Guys are here to help. We specialize in engineered hardwood flooring installation. We bring our store to your door. One of our professional design consultants will bring multiple samples to your home for you to look at. Why drive to the store when we will come to you? Give us call today. You'll have new floors in your home before you know it.