In a home, the stairs and hallways tend to experience heavy foot traffic. Most people step in the exact same spots each time they walk through hallways and on staircases.
That being said, it’s obvious your carpeting is going to take a beating. You need the best stair and hallway carpet to hold up against the wear and tear.
Here’s what you should be looking for.
What’s a Good Carpet Type for Stairs and Hallways?
There isn’t really a single best carpet type for stairs and hallways, but there are some that work better than others. We would recommend a low pile carpet made out of polyester or nylon fiber.
There is a lot of debate as to weather polyester fiber or nylon fiber is better, but both types can work well for hallways and stairs.
Carpets made from polyester fibers are beneficial in many different ways including:
- Polyester is made from recycled plastic bottles, so it is eco-friendly and recyclable when it’s time to renew the floors again
- There are multiple vivid color choices available to match almost any decor
- Polyester fiber is abrasion, fade, and stain resistant, allowing it to keep its color and durability
- If you’re on a budget, polyester fiber carpet is more affordable than most other carpeting
You’ll find low pile PET polyester carpet will work well for your hallway and staircase. Low pile carpets like berbers or low pile plushes won’t mat down and ugly out as quickly.
Nylon fiber carpets are strong and can handle a good amount of foot traffic as well. The fiber is also resilient and maintains a good look.
This fiber type offers some nice benefits including:
- Excellent stain resistance and durability
- Nylon is synthetic and resists abrasion and wear
- Fibers bounce back up after being bent and stepped on
Both carpet types will make a good choice, but without a proper installation, it won’t last very long.
That’s when you give us a call.
If you’re ready to get carpeting that will last on your stairs and in your halls, give us a call. We carry top quality products from leading manufacturers, and we guarantee you’ll love your new floors.
We know that dealing with crushed and ugly carpet on stairs and in hallways can be stressful. Let us help you get carpet that will alleviate that problem.
With The Carpet Guys, you’ll get multiple benefits including:
- Next day carpet installation available for in-stock products
- Easy financing and payment options
- Lifetime installation warranties
- Free decorating advice
- Multiple samples for you to view
- Much more!
Get your free carpet estimate scheduled today. The best carpet type for stairs and hallways can be yours by tomorrow.